The Benefits of Group Fitness Training
In today’s social media engulfed world full of super-hot bods that cant #wait to do their #workout, its easy to be fooled into thinking that these #instafit superstars are genuinely excited to train every day and shame, shame, shame on you for not having the same #motivation or #dedication – too many hash tags yet? Well I’m calling bullshit! Anyone who says they can’t wait to work out every day is a big fat liar. Or perhaps a toned super skinny liar? But I digress…..
Don’t get me wrong, I love the feeling after I work out and I don’t actually mind doing the workout once I’m doing it but some days I just cannot be effed! I have about 50 other things that need to get done and could easily be argued to be more important than getting my endorphin fix for the day. BUT I do it. Because I know I have to. Because I feel guilty when I don’t do it and unlike a normal person I can’t just eat healthily and not gain weight. I HAVE to work out to try and keep my weight stable. I’ve made peace with that but that doesn’t mean I like it. I’ve been doing it long enough now to be able to push through and train when I don’t want to (most of the time) but if you’re not there yet how do you ensure you train instead of heading for the couch after a shitty day at work? Group Fitness classes that how!
There are so many benefits to joining a group fitness class AKA Bootcamp.
1. You are financially invested. If you pay money for a product upfront, you are sure as hell more likely to actually use that product. The thought of wasting your hard earned money is a great incentive to throw on your joggers and get moving!
2. You will make friends. And what great friends to have – they will all be jacked up on endorphins and have similar values or goals as you! They will push you and encourage you and be happy for you when you succeed.
3. It will form new and better habits. Going will be a chore at first but then it will become easier and you may even look forward to it! Seeing your friends that is. Each time you go you are strengthening your will power and implementing new habits that will soon become a lifestyle for you.
4. Its cheaper than one on one personal training. I love taking one on one training and group training equally but when it comes getting more bang for your buck, group training is by far a cheaper option. So long as the group isn’t too big for the trainer to be able to give everyone the coaching points and attention they deserve then group fitness classes are great value for money.
5. It will keep you accountable. When you’re not feelin it and consider excuses to make up so you can get out of boot camp you will start to think of your new friends and feel a weird sense of loyalty. You will go because they are going (and you have serious FOMO) and this will keep you all accountable, further strengthening your will power.
6. It will give you a goal. A lot of providers run 4,8,12 etc week Challenges which are great for keeping you focused. I know need to have a goal or reason for training. Just wanting to be healthy isn’t always enough – I know, how un#dedicated of me! Well I’m real people, I need to have something to work for. Maybe a wedding or a holiday or I just want to be able to run further, lift heavier bla bla bla. Doesn’t matter what it is – having a reason is imperative and a good group fitness instructor will periodise your training program so you are reaching goals and achievements throughout your Challenge.
So consider group fitness classes if you are having trouble motivating yourself, are on a budget or you don’t really know where to start on your #fitness journey.
Comments are closed